When an employee's work anniversary or birthday occurs, Recognize's Anniversary feature can carry-out automatic recognition. So in order to activate this feature, the following actions must be completed:
Determine Privacy Settings:
- Determine whether or not your staff would be comfortable having either their birthdays or work anniversaries publicly celebrated.
- Toggle these privacy settings via the Company Admin/Settings portal, under the 'User Profile Settings/Birthday & Anniversary Privacy' section:
- Anniversary Privacy (activate to make these recognitions private)
- Birthday Privacy (activate to make these recognitions private)
Enter Anniversary/Birthday Data:
- Ensure that the start date and/or birthdays of each employee have been entered into the platform.
- If not, you can add them through one of 3 ways via the Company Admin/Users portal:
Enable Anniversary Recognitions:
- Enable the 'Anniversaries' feature through the Company Admin/Anniversaries portal.
- Toggle the optional, pre-populated anniversary badges to activate them:
- Birthday (annual birthday celebration)
- Work Anniversaries (range from 1 week up to 60 years)
- You also have the option to customize the description and points value of each badge.
Customize Anniversary Notifications:
- Determine which company roles will be notified in advance of an employee's birthday or work anniversary through the 'Notifications' tab under the Company Admin/Anniversaries portal.
- Check the corresponding boxes (next to each company role) for them to receive 'Anniversary' and/or 'Birthday' notifications:
- Roles (will be notified of anniversaries throughout the company)
- Team Managers (will be notified of the anniversaries for their respective teams)
Please refer to the 'Setting up an anniversary' help article for further details.