Recognizing your employees for a job well done, or encouraging their colleagues to do so, is can excellent way to enhance the employee experience. And Recognize's Recognitions feature can help you facilitate the process in a seamless, digital manner. So here are some instructions on how to enable this feature and submit recognitions through the platform:
Configure Recognition Settings:
- Determine which recognition settings to enable via the Company Admin/Settings portal.
- Toggle each recognition setting to your desire:
- Limit sending to within company only
- Message is required to send a recognition
- Limit new recognition to be accessible only to your organization
- Allow staff to make recognitions private within your company (enables private messages to be sent between users)
- Allow adding tags while sending recognition (customized tags can be attached to recognitions - e.g. company values, company accounts, etc.)
Customize Recognition Badges:
- Determine which badges to customize for 'Recognitions' via the Company Admin/Custom Badges portal.
- Complete the following fields for each badge:
- Title (e.g. 'Stewardship')
- Enable (activates the badge)
- Description (text that will be listed on the recognition)
- Additional details (text listed on the top of the badge page)
- Nomination badge (keep toggled 'off')
- Points (select the point value for the recognition badge)
- Badge Sending Limits (per user - optional restriction)
- Roles (optional - restricts nomination sending to certain roles - e.g. Mangers)
- Achievement (optional - highlights the badge as an employee achievement)
- Force private recognition (privatizes all new recognitions for that badge)
- Show in badge listing (uncheck to 'hide' badge from recognition selection)
- Click 'Save Badges' after making updates.
Submit a Recognition:
- Once your badges are set, your employees can submit 'Recognitions' for each other through their individual Recognize portal.
- Users can complete the following fields for each nomination:
- Choose a Badge (select the correct 'Recognition' campaign)
- Recipient (type-in either employee names or email addresses)
- Message (reason for recognizing this employee)
- Tags (optional - can correspond to a company value, company account, etc.)
- Post to Yammer/Workplace (toggle to post the recognition to either platform)
- Private (makes the recognition private between the 2 users)
- Click 'Recognize' to send the recognition to the employee.
Review Recognition Reporting:
- Over time, the admins can login and review submitted 'Recognitions' via the Company Admin/Recognitions portal.
- Different 'Recognition' review tools are available for company admins:
- Interval (sort 'Recognitions' by month, quarter, or year)
- Show (display option - toggles between 25 to all entries)
- Note: you must change to 'All' if you'd like to export all records)
- Search (can type in an employee's name or role)
- Filter by role (sort 'Recognitions' by company role - e.g. Manager)
- Export (option to export recognition data into either CSV, Excel, or PDF format)
Please refer to the 'Send your first recognition' help article for further details.