What are Reward Variants?
Rewards can have different variants, providing the ability to have different types, or levels, of the same reward. Each variant can have similar or different specifications for value, quantity, or label (type), and can be customized to accommodate multiple use cases.
Because of the variant nature, an employee may be eligible for one variant, but not another of the same reward, based on their redeemable points total.
Example uses for Reward Variants:
- A company sweatshirt, including three variant options, used to allow easy size selection (same variant value, but different labels):
- Value = 50 points / Label = Size Small / Quantity = 10
- Value = 50 points / Label = Size Medium / Quantity = 10
- Value = 50 points / Label = Size Large / Quantity = 10
- A premium assigned parking spot for 30 days, including two variant options, used to allow different values and type (label) selections (different variant values, and different labels):
- Value = 100 points / Label = Back lot, front row / Quantity = 2
- Value = 200 points / Label = Front lot, front row / Quantity = 2
- A gift card, including three variant options, used to allow different values/points options (different variant values, same label):
- Value = 50 points ($25) / Label = Gift Card / Quantity = 20
- Value = 100 points ($50) / Label = Gift Card / Quantity = 20
- Value = 200 points ($100) / Label = Gift Card / Quantity = 20
How to add Reward Variants
Follow the article to Create custom reward.
- Select the "add variant" link from the reward edit screen:
- Be sure to hit the add button when you're done to save the reward and it's variants